Saturday, November 5, 2011

Attention Live Music Fans: Will gas prices keep you from going out to see live entertainement?

Hello, My name is Glen and I own and operate a music service business. This qeustion is directed towards fans of live entertainment who like to go out and see some form of it at least once a month. A recession is here and the ysts say it is going to get real bad. People tell me that the clubs and bars do better durrng these times but I personaly think this time is different than other similar dark economic times in the past. We are smack in the middle of a technolgy error that delivers to us more entertainment at home than there ever was. It is my opinion that folks are more likely than ever to stay home and be entertained rather than go out to see a live show. In the state of MA the clubs and bars recently felt reprocussions from the recent public smoking ban and now that gas prices are getting rediculously high I fear that many will be facing another daunting and undermining future. Musicians and bands are going to feel it as well because there will be no one to hire them.

No comments:

Post a Comment