Monday, November 14, 2011

What would you do if your live in great granddaughter aggrevated your dog to bite her and she had 12 stitches?

To explain: My daughter and her 3 year old daughter live with great grandpa (my Dad) as he can not live alone anymore. He has a super fat dachshund that does not like children. My gd pulled a blanket out from under the dog when the dog was sleeping. The dog bit her cheek. The gash was 1.5 inches long and held 12 stitches. The battle is on. I have told my dad he must cooperate in helping keep the dog blocked off from gd. My daughter and gd spend a lot of their time in my daughters bedroom as he still allows the dog free roaming around the house. I have also told him that I would try to get the dog into a rescue. He has told my daughter she can move. I have told him that leaves him in a nursing home without the dog. He has had about 3 weeks to cooperate and still, today he threw a fit at breakfast time because the dog was supposed to be contained in another room while they ate breakfast. He abbruptly threw his napkin down and told the dog they were going to the bedroom. He said he was with the dog and she mattered to him most and he refused to put her in a different room gated or otherwise. I plan to talk to him again after work today. Either gate the dog off so gd can move from her room to her mommas room and to the bathroom or the dog will go to a rescue (if a rescue will take her). What would YOU do?????????

No comments:

Post a Comment